Hello amigurumi lovers and beautiful visitors, I wanted to share the free amigurumi patterns for you here. In my article I will share 1 pattern and how to make it for you. At the end of my article, I will share amigurumi patterns that can generate ideas for you.
Here’s the FREE pattern! Have fun!
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner
YARN: Medium Weight Cotton Yarn (Lace 4) in Yellow, Blue, Pink and Black
OTHER MATERIALS: Polyester Fiber Filling; Two 6mm Black Plastic Safety Eyes; Yarn Needle
HOOK SIZES: E/3,25 mm
STITCHES USED and ABBREVIATIONS: magic ring (mr), chain (ch), slip stitch (sl st), single crochet (sc), spike stitch single (SPsc), black loop only (BLO), front loop only (FLO), decrease (dec), increase (inc), fasten off (F/O).
- Work in rows (join with a sl st and ch1 at the end of each row) otherwise instructed.
- SPsc: a single crochet same stitch but worked two rows below.
BODY (yellow and blue yarn)
1) 8 sc in a mr (8)
2) sc inc around (16)
3) *1 sc, 1 sc inc*, repeat ** around (24)
4) *2 sc, 1 sc inc *, repeat ** around (32)
5) *3 sc, 1 sc inc *, repeat ** around (40)
6) sc even (40)
7) *4 sc, 1 sc inc *, repeat ** around (48)
8) sc even (48)
9) *5 sc, 1 sc inc *, repeat ** around (54)
10-15) sc even (54); place the eyes between rnds #10-11, 9 stitches apart
16) working in BLO, *5 sc, 1 sc dec *, repeat ** around (48)
17) working in both loops now, *4 sc, 1 sc dec *, repeat ** around (40)
18) *3 sc, 1 sc dec *, repeat ** around (32); start stuffing
19) *2 sc, 1 sc dec *, repeat ** around (24)
20) *1 sc, 1 sc dec *, repeat ** around (16)
21) *2 sc, 1 sc dec *, repeat ** around (12); finish stuffing
22) sc dec around (6); F/O, close the hole and hide the yarn
Holding the body upside down…
23) insert the hook in the FLO of the first sc of round #15 of the body and join yellow yarn with a sl st and then work 1 sc in the same st, 1 sc in the next two sts, switch to blue yarn, 1 sc, 1 SPsc, 1 sc, *3 sc with yellow yarn, switch to blue yarn, 1 sc, 1 SPsc, 1 sc*, repeat ** 8 times (54)
24) keep working with blue yarn, *1 sc, 1 SPsc, 4 sc*, repeat ** 9 times (54)
25) sl st even (54); F/O, cut and hide the yarn.
Embroider the EYEBROWS and the MOUTH with black yarn.
CHEEKS (pink yarn; make two)
1) 7 sc in a mr (7); F/O and leave a long tail of yarn
to sew the cheeks between rnds # 12-16 of the body.
ORAL ARMS (yellow yarn; make 5)
1) 35 ch, 2 sc in the 2nd chain form the hook, 1 sc inc in each st across (68); F/O and leave a long tail of yarn to attach the oral arm to the bottom part of the body.
TENTACLES (blue yarn; make 5)
1) 30 ch, 1 sl st in the 2nd chain form the hook, 1 sl st in each st across (29); F/O and leave a long tail of yarn to attach the tentacle to the bottom part of the body.
Sew tentacles and oral arms between rnds # 16-17 of the body.